Just a little bit of link love as we head into the weekend. You know how we do! Make it a great one, Lovebirds.
Check out this history of Chinese hanging lanterns. Historians believe that European street lighting emerged due to contact with Imperial China, where “street lighting” byway of lanterns had long been the norm.
The Huffington Post did a feature on Jennifer Hyman, the co-founder and CEO of Rent the Runway. The article provides a lot of great business advice, like this soundbite:
“Just do it…If you’re passionate about something, go for it, because people are great at what they love and when they’re the happiest. We’ve been brought up into a culture which is very much about preparedness: you go to the right middle school to get into the right high school to get into the right college, to get the right job after college. At a certain point, you need to turn around and say to yourself, do I love how I spend my day every single day? Is this the most effective use of my heart and my mind?”
Have you visited HelloGiggles? It’s a lifestyle/style/entertainment/culture/random thoughts blog partially curated by Zooey Deschanel. It’s like Gwyneth’s Goop but more accessible to the average peasant, er, working girl.
This video will put a smile on your face, warm your heart, and kick you in the ovaries.
Our friends at Three Lil’ Byrds have started a wedding line of fascinators and headpieces. Even if you’re not walking down the aisle quite yet, we think it’s completely okay to wear one of their gorgeous creations while you run to the farmer’s market or chase down Mister Softee this weekend.
Fancy foto found here.
tagsadvice art bride brooklyn business color decor design details diy engagement flowers friday fun funny gay gold green groom holiday inspiration love marriage mmmfood music nyc paper photography photoshoot pink quote small business stationery style summer tablescape travel trivia vendor vendors video wedding white xmas yellow
Follow Us on Twitter
- So proud of our fellow GW alum (ahem, especially the ladies!). And what a beautiful and inspiring business. http://t.co/MEazbdch6Q 08:19:25 PM June 11, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- http://t.co/Adv1fCfpRj 08:16:30 PM June 11, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Thanks to Brooklyn Bride for featuring this "industrial ivory" lovefest. It was one of our favs! (Peace, love,... http://t.co/ZvJNiCDGmg 08:08:46 PM June 11, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @cperfetti: Some great tips and some nice reminders: "Women And Success: 26 Things Every Woman Should Know" http://t.co/478sflX4Gl via @… 02:13:37 AM June 11, 2013 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @jencordery haha no judgement... 02:13:15 AM June 11, 2013 from Twitter for iPhone in reply to jencordery ReplyRetweetFavorite