The weather outside is frightful, but there’s sunshine all up in our souls today because it’s Friday! Friday!
We had an absolute blast at last night’s pahttp://www.tinseltwine.com/blog/wp-admin/post-new.phprty to celebrate Refinery 29′s “Month of Working Girls.” We took over the “Subtwine” space of Entwine in the West Village. It was fantastic to meet all of the lady hustlers featured in the series. Another highlight of the evening: The house DJ was only our most favorite New York City DJs ever! Ever! DJ Marvin, we’ve found you!
Before we sign off for the weekend, a few of our favorite internet friends and finds this week:
- We were introduced to fantastic Baltimore-based photographer, Kirsten Marie. Check her out. Rinse. Repeat.
- Say what you will about TLC’s Honey Boo Boo. (Erica loves her! Loves!) But we like her stance on homosexuality. (Do we have a Marriage Equality advocate in the making?)
- Couldn’t you just eat this shoot up with a spoon?
- What are your thoughts on changing last names after getting married? We don’t have strong feelings on this, but it’s always interesting when (i) a bride or groom has a very complicated sur name, (ii) one of the lovebirds has an established professional career and recognizable name, (iii) you get into super hyphenations like our multi-syllabic June couple, (iv) the Mr & Mr or Mrs & Mrs have to decide who takes what name, and (v) names get all extra multi-culty like this photographer.
- What if your officiant refused to marry you?!
- We love the idea of brides donating their dresses. Would you?
* Sweet, soggy photo above via Jodi Miller Photography.
tagsadvice art bride brooklyn business color decor design details diy engagement flowers friday fun funny gay gold green groom holiday inspiration love marriage mmmfood music nyc paper photography photoshoot pink quote small business stationery style summer tablescape travel trivia vendor vendors video wedding white xmas yellow
Follow Us on Twitter
- Oooooh we're swooning over these photos from our Biscayne Bay / Coconut Grove Bride & Groom, so beautifully... http://t.co/gEEwcHnpJB about 5 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- You'll see some familiar faces in this post (and we're not talking about Leo & Carey). Our eternally blushing... http://t.co/1F00thYPIB 11:36:56 PM May 16, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- One of our favorite testimonials to date, the Groom's Mama from Saturday's wedding: "We didn't think we'd need a... http://t.co/XP0grjUNDo 03:44:28 PM May 16, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- One of our favorite client testimonials to date, the Groom's mother at last weekend's wedding: "We didn't think we... http://t.co/VpnVYVdyov 03:35:36 PM May 16, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #ABeautifulMess take 2: #throwbackthursday pic from #weddingcrashers 2012 http://t.co/umA7S0hXuy 01:16:02 PM May 16, 2013 from A Beautiful Mess on iOS ReplyRetweetFavorite