What are you up to this weekend? A living room dance party looks like a lot of fun!
We will be finishing up some invitation assemblies, putting together the ceremony backdrop for our July 7 bride and groom, working on some new design pieces. And doing a little rooftop BBQ-ing and beer-ing.
Wishing you a hot hot hot weekend. Kicking off with a few of our favorite links this week…
- We love this dancey-pants picture of Joanne Woodward and Paul Newman, borrowed from these gals.
- This animated .gif will make you giggle.
- This list will inspire you to have a bangin’ wedding on a budget!
- You don’t have to feel beholden to Kleinfeld’s or Bergdorf’s for your wedding gown. Check out this list of other great shops via Racked.
- These 10 wedding gifts for the proud geeks in your camp. (We embrace geekiness!)
- We discussed the possibility of spray-painting animal figurines with one of our potential 2013 brides. (She has a thing for winter animals! We love it!) Then, lo … just came across this fantastic carnival-themed wedding on 100 Layer Cake. (The bride here is cousins of our friends at the Asian Cajuns!)
- In the midst of peak wedding season — and while courting new clients for 2013, dios mio — we are trying to focus on our financial planning and business-building goals. This article on Sara Blakely (founder of Spanx) is a treasure trove of inspiration.
tagsadvice art bride brooklyn business color decor design details diy engagement flowers friday fun funny gay gold green groom holiday inspiration love marriage mmmfood music nyc paper photography photoshoot pink quote small business stationery style summer tablescape travel trivia vendor vendors video wedding white xmas yellow
Follow Us on Twitter
- You'll see some familiar faces in this post (and we're not talking about Leo & Carey). Our eternally blushing... http://t.co/1F00thYPIB 11:36:56 PM May 16, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- One of our favorite testimonials to date, the Groom's Mama from Saturday's wedding: "We didn't think we'd need a... http://t.co/XP0grjUNDo 03:44:28 PM May 16, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- One of our favorite client testimonials to date, the Groom's mother at last weekend's wedding: "We didn't think we... http://t.co/VpnVYVdyov 03:35:36 PM May 16, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #ABeautifulMess take 2: #throwbackthursday pic from #weddingcrashers 2012 http://t.co/umA7S0hXuy 01:16:02 PM May 16, 2013 from A Beautiful Mess on iOS ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Playing w #ABeautifulMess on #throwbackthursday: pink bouquet http://t.co/FUN9pSaRU6 01:07:45 PM May 16, 2013 from A Beautiful Mess on iOS ReplyRetweetFavorite