What are you up to this weekend? A living room dance party looks like a lot of fun!
We will be finishing up some invitation assemblies, putting together the ceremony backdrop for our July 7 bride and groom, working on some new design pieces. And doing a little rooftop BBQ-ing and beer-ing.
Wishing you a hot hot hot weekend. Kicking off with a few of our favorite links this week…
- We love this dancey-pants picture of Joanne Woodward and Paul Newman, borrowed from these gals.
- This animated .gif will make you giggle.
- This list will inspire you to have a bangin’ wedding on a budget!
- You don’t have to feel beholden to Kleinfeld’s or Bergdorf’s for your wedding gown. Check out this list of other great shops via Racked.
- These 10 wedding gifts for the proud geeks in your camp. (We embrace geekiness!)
- We discussed the possibility of spray-painting animal figurines with one of our potential 2013 brides. (She has a thing for winter animals! We love it!) Then, lo … just came across this fantastic carnival-themed wedding on 100 Layer Cake. (The bride here is cousins of our friends at the Asian Cajuns!)
- In the midst of peak wedding season — and while courting new clients for 2013, dios mio — we are trying to focus on our financial planning and business-building goals. This article on Sara Blakely (founder of Spanx) is a treasure trove of inspiration.
tagsadvice art bride brooklyn business color decor design details diy engagement flowers friday fun funny gay gold green groom holiday inspiration love marriage mmmfood music nyc paper photography photoshoot pink quote small business stationery style summer tablescape travel trivia vendor vendors video wedding white xmas yellow
Follow Us on Twitter
- So proud of our fellow GW alum (ahem, especially the ladies!). And what a beautiful and inspiring business. http://t.co/MEazbdch6Q 08:19:25 PM June 11, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- http://t.co/Adv1fCfpRj 08:16:30 PM June 11, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Thanks to Brooklyn Bride for featuring this "industrial ivory" lovefest. It was one of our favs! (Peace, love,... http://t.co/ZvJNiCDGmg 08:08:46 PM June 11, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @cperfetti: Some great tips and some nice reminders: "Women And Success: 26 Things Every Woman Should Know" http://t.co/478sflX4Gl via @… 02:13:37 AM June 11, 2013 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @jencordery haha no judgement... 02:13:15 AM June 11, 2013 from Twitter for iPhone in reply to jencordery ReplyRetweetFavorite